Tuesday, December 7, 2010

23/11/2010, The Day The World Ended

You may note that this entry is for a tad late. You can't hurry art.

I've worked out why the dip was so amazing last week: it was just to raise my expectations so they could knock me down and kick me repeatedly in my emotions.

I'll start off by saying that the cheese dip itself was...not the worst I've ever had. The spice level was quite good, and what flavour there was wasn't unflavoursome. However, the dip was lumpy. Thin, and lumpy. I don't even know how they managed to get lumps in there, since they certainly weren't made of cheese.
Here is a picture in which I'm pretty certain you can see the lumps.


But the real destroying factor of the night was the service. The service was so bad, I hesitate to even use the word to describe what we received. Here's a brief list of our interactions with various waitstaff:

  • The initial waitress didn't know what chili con queso was, and had to have it pointed out on the menu. She then demonstrated that she didn't know what 'beer' was, and we resorted to more pointing.
  • After about 15 minutes, we flagged down another waitress to check on where our cheese was
  • After another 15 minutes, we flagged down the second waitress again, who again went to check on the only thing we'd ordered.
  • 5 minutes later, the lumps arrive.
  • We ordered mains at the same time as another beer. The beer arrived 10 minutes after the mains did.
  • While waiting to receive said beer, another waiter tried very determinedly to deliver us cocktails ordered by another table
  • When they say 'cheese comes with all orders', they mean 'cheese comes with all orders of cheese, but we wont let you order cheese'.

So, the rundown:
Consistency: Consists of water and lumps
Spiciness: Nicely spicy.
Appearance: Initially attractive, but disappointing after a second look. The food equivalent of a butterface.
Temperature: I don't even know how they made it that cold.
Flavour: Acceptable
Chips: Weird liney chips.
Chip-to-dip-balance: Awful. They used the annoyingly-small bowls again and blew all the money they saved on budget chips.

5 comments:

  1. Quality appears to be continuing its nice downward spiral. Good review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I don't know you guys but can I please go on your next cheese outing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ate half a block of colby for breakfast this morning so you know I have the requisite desire for cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're just looking for a guest-blogging spot to put on your resume. You know NOTHING about our work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! You saw right through my ruse! I am indeed trying to use you to get that ever coveted cadetship at The West.

    ReplyDelete