Tuesday, May 3, 2011

12th April 2011

Much like Bacon Sandwich's previous post, this one is late due to supreme laziness. Unlike Bacon Sandwich, I do have brief notes from this particular cheese outing, but I do not remember what each picture was meant to illustrate. So I'm just going to make up the captions .



Cheese! Man, look at the skin on that sucker.



The chef obviously had issues with aiming the spray of chilli powder.


Seriously, that skin is like a shell.


Pretty sure the cheese skin could have been used as a pseudo-chip to scoop up more cheese.


That ratio doesn't look promising.


I do remember what this picture was for, it was meant to show how obscenely oily the chips were. The picture kinda failed to show that, but that's ok, because you have this helpful caption to explain it all.


I obviously felt that a shot of some extremely watery sour cream was appropriate.


ONTO THE SUMMARY FOR WHICH I GENUINELY HAVE NOTES FOR

Consistency: I wrote "mild". What the fuck did I mean?
Spiciness: My notes say "spicyu". I can only hope that this wasn't a typo and was in fact a reference to a new spice sensation that makes me think I am Japanese.
Appearance: Type 2 bowl, fail. Also, chef had poor aim with chilli powder. How hard is it to get chilli powder on top of cheese?
Temperature: I wrote "tepid". This was probably very disappointing at the time.
Flavour: I have "cream cheesey". Going by the pictures, it looks like a cream cheese pudding rather than cheese dip.
Chips: Oily and stale.
Chip-to-dip-balance: Shithouse. I didn't write any notes to this effect, but there was a Type 2 bowl and dip of "mild" consistency, it's pretty much a given that there won't be enough dip for chips.

We will endeavour to be a little bit more up to date with our postings this week, so that we don't disappoint the 2.5 readers we have.

1 comment: