Monday, May 2, 2011

29th March 2011

So, I'm a bit behind. This is due to extreme laziness and the fact I lost my notes, so I have no idea what the meal was like. Therefore, WE WILL RECONSTRUCT THE MEAL FROM PHOTOS ALONE. This is something never before attempted in the Cheese Dip Blogging Community, so hold onto your pants.


A good start - a type 1 bowl, for a change. it definitely looks like cheese in that bowl, and the red stuff on top could well be spice. There are two colours of chips, which is a nice multicultural touch. We've put out the tealight as it represents a fire hazard, a risk Santa Fe forces you to take every time you dine.

Actually, I'm kind of intrigued by the patterns the cheese skin and the spice are making there. Like tectonic plates, it was presumably a cohesive whole when it first formed and has been steadily fracturing, drifting and reforming since then. I theorise that if we left it for a few hours we'd start to get tiny mountain ranges and canyons forming composed entirely of spicy cheese.

It looks like I was on the right track, the skin came off in one giant lump. I'd have loved to try some (maybe I did? Is that my hand?), but cheese skin isn't a food to share.
Sidenote: In the second picture, the cheese skin looks like a swan to me. It should look like a swan to you too.


And here we have the end. The chip to dip ration wasn't horrible, but wasn't quite perfect. It looks like the cheese was on the thin side, or else we were just pouring it over the table with wild abandon.

So on to the very accurate summary:
Consistency: Quite thin, it was hard to keep it on the chips
Spiciness: there are visible lumps of spice, but was it only on the surface?
Appearance: Type 1. awesome.
Temperature: probably warmish. it often is.
Flavour: Oh...about average.
Chips: Two different colours!
Chip-to-dip-balance: Reasonably accurate, I'll give them that.

No comments:

Post a Comment